POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Strange PC behaviour : Re: Strange PC behaviour Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange PC behaviour
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 9 Feb 2008 06:34:31
Message: <47ad8fc7$1@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos wrote:

> I can't afford a new PC at the moment at all, so is there anything I can do?

Check the capacitors at the motherboard and replace the faulty ones.

This one's OK:
http://www.edu.helsinki.fi/malu/kirjasto/mbl/sahko/elektrolyyttikonnsaattorin_purku.gif

and this one is not:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v711/whurd/Bad.jpg

See the top - at the last picture it's "growing". They also can even leak:
http://www.asti-usa.com/support/appnotes/65.html (pictures at the end of
the document)

> I have a Athlon XP 2400 Socket A using the onboard 128Mb SiS graphics card
> and a 250W power supply.

Sounds like the timing (motherboard's age) could hit the end of the
latest worst season of capacitors.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net